A painting contractor is required to pay and participate in a 60 hour business law, trade
knowledge, and safety education class, followed by passing an exam on these subjects.    
Once complete, there is the licensing fee and yearly payment to maintain the license. Due
to the time involved and the cost, some painting contractors are not licensed.  Home
builders are also required to use licensed contractors.  You can check to see if your
prospective painter is licensed at   Click on "check a license" in the green
box in the right column.   
Something every contractor should have is insurance.  Unfortunately some do not carry
liability and workman's compensation insurance and that puts you, the homeowner, at
risk.  If you hire someone to work on your home and they are not insured you may be
held liable for any damage they may do to your home, car, property or even themselves.
Proof of insurance should be provided by all contractors before work commences.  
Professional painting contractors will not be put off by you asking these simple
questions.  In fact, they will most likely appreciate that you are wanting a professional.   
Proudly serving Traverse City and these
surrounding counties:
 Leelanau, Benzie,
Grand Traverse, Kalkaska, and Antrim
Interior and Exterior Painting Contractor Serving Traverse
City, and all of NW MI
Home      About Us       Services       Contact Us       Interiors       Decks       Pressure Washing       Licensing-Insurance